Alright, readers. This is the Daily Update, welcome welcome, blah blah blah, we don't have time for the usual small talk. We're on high alert now - there are a mere 3 days before the game is released. The 21st is when it happens. And as the game's creator, I now realize I have left you all woefully unprepared for what's to come. Which is why this might be the most important post of them all. Prepare.
This is a Top 10 list of everything you need to do to prepare for a proper playing experience of 'The Zodiac Trial.' I chose a Top 10 format because that seemed like the popular trend. Be warned, all of these steps are absolutely necessary for an optimal playing experience. Let us begin.
10) Acquire Funds - The game costs a scant $15, truly a steal. Still, $15 may be more than what currently sits in your Steam Wallet. And if the banks crash, where will you be? It's imperative you get cash into that wallet ASAP. Maybe that means begging to your relatives, maybe that means getting a part time job, maybe it means selling some ""precious"" mementos. Whatever it takes. Get that money.
9) Make Space On Your Computer - Now, it's not like 'The Zodiac Trial' is a big download or anything. Still, it's always better to be safe than sorry. And really, let's face it, your computer is probably overcrowded anyways. So look around, find some files or games you really don't need downloaded anymore, and get rid of it!
8) Secure Your WiFi Connection - 'The Zodiac Trial' doesn't really have online functions. However, internet connection is a necessary evil to get the game in the first place. So make sure your connection is primed and ready for release day. This may extend beyond just making sure you have a connection, you also have to make sure it's strong enough. Your connection can weaken if there are a lot of people using the same WiFi as you. If that's the case, you know what to do. Get rid of them. I'll leave the method up to you.
7) Get Enough Sleep - The worst thing that could happen is that you might fall asleep right before the actual release. Or, you might possibly be too tired to finish the entire game in one sitting once you download it. To avoid those possibilities, I recommend going into a coma-like state ASAP, from now until the 21st. It's really the only way to be safe about it.
6) Take Out A Notepad And A Pen - 'The Zodiac Trial' is a game of subtlety. Nuance. Every line has been thoroughly analyzed, crafted specifically to enhance the experience. The clues are everywhere. A notepad might not even do it - you might need a full binder to hold all the notes that you'll be writing down as you go through the mysteries.
5) Reread All The Daily Updates - Knowledge is power. It's a way to get a leg up on the competition. So if you really want to be prepared, well... I shouldn't be telling you this, but these Daily Updates let out some details about the game that most won't know before beginning to play. Unethical? Perhaps. But if you want every advantage you can get, comb over each Daily Update to pick up on whatever secrets I may have let slip, in order to have the maximum amount of foreknowledge going into the gauntlet.
4) Purchase Expensive Headphones - The soundscape of the game has been sublimely created by a master audio engineer. Typical speakers just won't cut it. If you want to get the full experience, purchase the most expensive headphones you can afford.
3) Dress Appropriately - The way you dress informs how you act. You are going into a battlefield. You can't do that lightly. Should you be armored? In pajamas? Nude? I don't know your life, I can't answer that. Only you can. And you must.
2) Find A Comfortable Chair - As previously mentioned, the optimal way to play the game is to finish the entire thing in a single sitting, without any breaks. Which means you'll be sitting down for quite a while. Be properly equipped for this eventuality. Have a good chair.
And the most important tip...
1) Learn How To Read
With this, I'm certain that no matter what, you'll be properly prepared to play 'The Zodiac Trial' the way it was truly intended. The rest is up to you. Godspeed.
Until next time,